But enough of my excuses, things did happen in World Soccer this week. Many nations have announced their rosters for the midweek International Friendlies next week. As usual the US is probably going to wait till the last minute but reports from SI.com have stated that US Captain & recent Seattle Sounders addition Clint Dempsey will not be on the team, his teamates Brad Evans and Eddie Johnson and also John Anthony Brooks of Hertha Berlin have been tentatively listed in the same report.
Ligue 1 kicks off today in France with Montpellier vs PSG
The Bundesliga begins today as well with Bayern Munich vs Borussia Monchengladbach.
The MLS mid-season transfer window has closed, the big moves announced werre
- Clint Dempsey to Seattle (off course)
- Gabriel Torres (Panama) becomes Colorado's first ever DP
- Alexander Lopez (Honduras) signed as a DP for Houston
- Vicente Sanchez (Uruguay) signed by Colorado
- Jaime Pinedo (Panama) signed by LA Galaxy
- Diego Valeri was officially transferred to Portland (previously had been on loan)
- Charlie Davies returns to MLS on loan, will play for New England Revolution
- Juan Agudelo signs a pre-contract with Stoke City of the EPL
I am concerned with the Agudelo transfer. He isn't making this move until January which means he still has about 5 months to be in New England. Now I'd like to think that he wouldn't do this, but with his dream to move to Europe all but assured, whats to stop Agudelo from phoning it in. I like the kid and in no way to I think he is going to do that, but this is a guy who has struggled with injuries for the last several years, and subconsciously he's going to have that weighing on his mind whenever he goes for a 50/50 ball. I hope he doesn't hold back and I hope he uses the rest of his season with the Revs as an audition.
See you later today with some more stuff,